These are the modalities that I have studied, am studying, & I use in my work.
Craniosacral therapy is a light-touch approach that veiws the body as an integrated whole. CST uses the subtle, rythmic pumping of the craniosacral system as a guide to sensing the dyfunction in the body. It releases tensions in the body that contribute to pain and dysfunction while improving health and balance. In most instances it is an extremely effective choice for calming and resetting the 'fight or flight' mechanism. CST involves quiet listening into the body tissues, becoming aware of lesions, and encouraging the body's own healing responses.
- Craniosacral system is the connective tissue and the cerebrospinal fluid that surrounds, protects, and helps to maintain the brain and the spinal cord.
- Osteopathy is a holistic, medical system, in which, the fundamental principles are to normalize the functioning of the tissues and stimulate the body's own healing mechanisms.
- A lesion is an area of localized dis-eased or dyfunctional tissue.
- A release is a softening of an obstacle or restriction which inhibits the normal rythms and movements in the tissue.
- Myofascial refers to the muscle and connective tissue together.
- Viscera refers to the organs in the chest and abdominal cavities.
Total Body Balancing is an osteopathic process that addresses overall lesion patterns. These patterns can inhibit local areas from releasing fully. TBB improves circulation, improves ease of movement, stimulates the metabolism and more.
Craniosacral Immune Response & Cell Talk applies CST principles to the immune system and other corresponding tissues.
Cranial Structural Integration is an alternate therapy that also works with the Osteopathic principles. It helps normalize the functional balance with soft tissue work to integrate the whole, body structure.
Visceral Manipulation is a gentle, manual therapy that aids the body's ability to release restrictions and unhealthy compensations in the viscera and surrounding tissue.
Energetic Osteopathy is based on a synthesis of Alice Bailey's energetic healing and osteopathic techniques. It involves holding lines or areas of energetic connections to facilitate the flow of energy through the body.
SomatoEmotional Release helps to release emotional trauma from the body.
Manual Lymph Drainage stimulates drainage of the lymphatic circulation. This is the secondary fluid system that empties into the veins to go back to the heart.
Deep Tissue & Neuromuscular Therapy are primarily done for injury, pain, and improving performance. They involve treating muscle and fascia while watching neurological responses. This is best done with moderate pressure, based on the tolerance of the individual. Allowing a muscle to release will enable it to contract more efficiently when in use.
Please text or call (919)413-1360 for an appointment